Monday, September 15, 2008

A cracked Pot Speaks

Well Im joining the ranks of all you Fleming folks. Me? a Blog? sure Ive got the gift of gab, but to say something significant thats another story. I said a lot of the basics in About Me . So I guess Ill start here by explaining my title. Over the years Ive heard speakers speak on being a "cracked pot" and I participated in an Awesome bible study about being a Broken Vessel. This really speaks to me because in our lives we make mistakes and we disappoint God . These Broken places in our lives make us like a cracked piece of pottery. But if we place a light in that pot and place it on a lamp stand the light will shine through and not be hidden. God works the same with us. It is in our failures, mistakes and brokeness that God can really shine His light through us to others. I often feel this is what lead me to Youth ministry in particular, because it was in those teenage and single years that I disappointed God and myself so much. But I can only hope that I can use those experiences to help guide young people not to follow in my foot steps because in them there is a lot of pain and scars. So I desire to lead young people and others to live better than I did to be what God wants for them be ....more like Jesus. I can also share with them that when they make mistakes, just like me it in those cracks in their lives that God can shine too and their is such hope for them. I can definitely testify that even though I am a Cracked Pot God uses me and I am so Blessed.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved doing that Bible Study with you! And I've loved watching you grow into a mature Christian woman who loves the Lord and seeks to serve Him where He has called you - children/youth! Investing in them and being real with them is a high calling indeed!

I love you girlfriend! From one "cracked pot" to another!

The Pressley Family said...

Isn't funny how, if we had a piece of broken pottery, we would throw it out. How lucky we are that God doesn't throw us out even though we're broken!